Narendra Modi prefers Arun Jaitley because of many reasons. Arun Jaitley is highly talented.
Believe or not he is one of the most talented politicians India had ever seen.
The below list shows the legal career and achievements of Arun Jaitley
- Arun Jaitley started practicing law from 1977 onwards in Supreme Court and several High Courts.
- In 1990, he was promoted to senior Advocate and was appointed Additional Solicitor General of India. As the Additional Solicitor General of India, he worked on the Bofors Scandal, which was related to the illegal kickbacks paid in the US$ 1.3 billion deal between Bofors, a Swedish arms manufacturer, and the Government of India.
- As a Law Minister in the Union Cabinet, he brought in a several electoral and judicial reforms. He got the Advocates Welfare fund and Investor Protection Fund set up. He implemented the scheme of setting up of the Fast Track Courts and paid special attention to the computerisation of the courts. To facilitate the expeditious disposal of cases, he brought amendments in the Motor Vehicles Act and the Negotiable Instruments Act.
- The High Courts of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, and Uttarakhand were inaugurated under his guidance.
- He has a line of clients such as Sharad Yadav, Madhavrao Scindia, and L.K. Advani.
- He has represented many multinationals, such as Pepsico, Coca-Cola and big industrialists such as the Birla family in the courtroom.
- He successfully introduced the 84th amendment to the Constitution of India in 2002 for freezing parliamentary seats till 2026.
- He successfully introduced the 91st amendment to the Constitution of India in 2004 for penalizing defections.
- Arun Jaitley clearly has great achievement under his arm due to which Modi believes in him.
The amount of trust that Modi has on Arun Jaitley is huge. It is because Arun Jaitley has been with Narendra Modi for a long time. Even during the Gujarat riots in 2002, he was with him and many other times.
Thinker and Doer
He is a person who always comes up with a plenty of ideas to different developments. Some media sources have reported that the man behind many ideas of Modi has always been Arun Jaitley.