In order to eliminate yourself from free circulation in your community, social distancing often includes routinely participating in anti-infection hygiene activities. There’s a little “do and don’t” to this, which we are sharing with you.
- Don’t invite guests or friends to your house.
- Don’t leave your home unless it is absolutely essential.
- Don’t share kitchen utensils and other household products with anyone in your home.
- Clean your hands daily with soap and water and use a hand sanitizer of at least 60% alcohol if you don’t have convenient access to soap and water.
- Disinfect surface areas on a daily basis, including electronics–particularly phones, laptops and other devices.
- Wash the utensils and other items thoroughly.
- Evite the rest of the family as best you may.
- Hold your hands out of your nose.
- Practice the other preventive measures provided by the CDC, including covering your coughs and sneezes with tissue or scarf, and then tossing the tissue into the garbage.